- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 big or 5 small carrots, cut in medium slices
- 1 box frozen Birds Eye frozen artichoke hearts
- 2 potatoes, cut in medium cubes
- 1/2 box frozen Birds Eye or other brand pea
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tablespoons no-chicken Better than Bouillon stock
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4-5 sprigs dill, finely chopped
Put a large plus sauté pan on high heat.
Add olive oil, onions, garlic, scallions. Stir & sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle some salt.
Add potatoes, carrots, peas, artichoke hearts and sauté for additional 3 minutes, stirring carefully with a spatula.
Add water & bouillon. Cover with a lid.
When it comes to the boil, turn heat to medium-low.
Simmer for 35 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender.
Remove the plus sauté pan from the heat.
Pour in the lemon juice and sprinkle with dill and freshly ground pepper.
Taste and season again if needed.
Artichoke stew with carrots and potatoes can be served either hot or at room temperature or even cold!
Adapted from: Cookouvagia, Greek Comfort Food