Inspired by the Harlem Renaissance, salons are opportunities to gather together & explore ideas. Served at a recent salon with fresh farmers market cherries, this cake was a hit!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 jar of your favorite jam
- 2 cups of water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan. With a spoon, put dollops of jam all around the batter. Then pour on the other half. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake @ 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Inspired by the Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe on AllRecipes.